In the October 2019 edition of the Market Update:
- The US is at risk of a recession, however, inflation remains above target and wages are expected to rise
- The global downturn in manufacturing is deepening
- Boris Johnson remains hamstrung by UK parliament and will continue negotiating the Irish backstop
- Authorities continue to free up liquidity and increase spending on infrastructure to support growth as the Chinese economy feels the pinch due to the trade war with the US
- The RBA in Australia is likely to cut rates even further in early 2020
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.