- The global economy is benefiting from a broad-based, cyclical recovery, supported by higher levels of investment and accommodative monetary policy.
- The US economy ended 2017 on a slightly shaky footing, although the overall employment situation continues to improve and the bond market is anticipating further rate hikes.
- Growth in Europe continues to surprise on the upside, supported by rises in private consumption and business investment.
- The Chinese economy slowed marginally in the December quarter, with GDP growth falling to 6.8% and PMI figures lower than expected.
- The Australian economy continues to improve, although weaker than expected inflation all but scuppered the chance of a February rate hike.
If you have any questions regarding this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact me directly.