- Recent economic data continues to show that the major economies are all growing and that global growth is accelerating.
- In Japan, the recent elections returned Prime Minister Shizo Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party with a larger majority allowing a continuation of Abenomics.
- In the US, markets reacted favourably to the details of the Republican tax reforms and news that Jerome Powell will be nominated as the next Federal Reserve Chairman.
- In China the 19th Communist Party Congress elected Xi Jinping for another five years as President and General Secretary paving the way for further reform of the Chinese economy.
- Australian employment continues to grow strongly helped by strong business conditions.
If you have any questions regarding this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact me directly.