- In February, global equity markets continued to trend higher boosted by optimism about US growth and reasonably good economic and corporate earnings data.
- In the United States, the Standard & Poor’s 500 Equity Index rose 4.0% over the month, pushing its 12-month return to 25%.
- US business sentiment indicators rose further with small business optimism jumping significantly.
- Chinese activity indicators suggest that economic conditions have bounced back and the econopmy is being supported by robust global demand.
- Australia’s December quarter GDP was stronger than expected, rising 1.1% over
the quarter and reversing weather-affected 0.5% contraction in the
economy in the prior quarter.
If you have any questions regarding this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact me directly.