- In January, global equity markets continued to rise with the US share market making fresh record highs as investors continued to react positively to Donald Trump’s election as 45th President of the United States.
- In the United States, the Dow Jones Industrial Average Index closed above 20,000 for the first time.
- US manufacturing indicators continued to rise and point to economic expansion.
- Chinese December quarter GDP growth was better than expected, rising 6.8% year-on-year.
- Australia’s December quarter CPI came in below market expectations, rising 0.5% over
the quarter and 1.5% year-on-year, below the Reserve Bank of Australia’s target range of
2-3% per annum.
If you have any questions regarding this report or would like to discuss your portfolio, please contact me directly.