In the September 2017 edition of the Market Update:
- Economic data released over the past month has continued to paint a relatively good picture of global growth with most of the major economies experiencing accelerating economic growth in the June quarter.
- Geopolitical tensions remained heightened in August and this helped drive down bond yields.
- Political gridlock in the United States increased nervousness about a potential government shutdown.
- Strong earnings reports from companies in the United States and Europe were largely ignored and global equity markets were essentially flat over the month.
- Australian GDP growth rebounded in the June quarter after the weather affected softer March quarter.
- Australia’s earnings reporting season was a touch disappointing with a higher than average number of companies missing earnings projections and many companies lowering their guidance for the year ahead.
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.