This month, Brian reviews events in markets during December. He discusses:
- Why many world share markets had a fairly weak month, an exception being strong performance by China’s market;
- How Australian shares made solid gains for the month and most asset classes delivered quite good returns to Australian investors for 2014 as a whole;
- Why concern has increased about the struggling Eurozone economy, especially Greece;
- How the actions of key central banks remain a key influence on markets; and
- Why Australia’s investment environment remains uncertain, despite signs of recovery in the non-mining economy.
There is no video update this month.
12 January 2015
By Brian Parker, CFA
Senior Investment Consultant
MLC Investment Management