In the September 2014 edition of Market Update:
- Heightened geopolitical tensions in Ukraine and the Middle East continue to dominate global equity markets.
- Economic growth in the US remains strong, with Q2 GDP revised upwards from 4.0% to 4.2%.
- European data remains weak, particularly impacted by the Ukrainian crisis.
- A slowdown in Chinese economic growth in Q2 as a result of a weaker performing property sector.
- Modest improvement in Australian consumer and business confidence and credit growth.
There’s more commentary, plus our usual tables with all the key market data on Shares, Interest Rates and Property in the linked document below.