The privacy of your personal information has always been important to us at Keystone Wealth Advice. In addition to complying with existing laws that govern confidential information that you provide to us, we are also required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. We will always seek to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles as well as other applicable laws affecting your personal information.
Collecting your personal information
We need to collect your personal information for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with the financial services you have requested and to contact you about other products and services that may be relevant to you. It is also necessary for us to collect personal information in order to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime.
We’ll collect your personal information from you directly whenever we can. Sometimes we collect your personal information from other sources or third parties such as your Accountant. We do this only if it’s necessary to do so, for example where:
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on publicly available information to update your contact details;
- we need information from an insurer about an insurance application you make through us;
- at your request, we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
You may not be aware that we have done so. If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorised by law to collect it. There are laws that affect financial institutions, including company and tax law, which require us to collect personal information. For example, we require personal information to verify your identity under Commonwealth Anti-Money Laundering law.
What happens if you don’t provide your information to us?
If you don’t provide your information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your financial and lifestyle needs.
Protecting your privacy
Protecting your privacy is essential to our business. Your file, containing your profile, personal objectives, financial circumstances and our recommendations, is kept securely.
Disclosing your personal information
We may provide your personal information to the following types of service providers:
- other advisers, paraplanners and organisations who work with us to provide the financial services you have requested;
- insurance providers, superannuation trustees and product providers related to the financial services you have requested;
- organisations that help us operate our business, such as those that provide administrative, financial, accounting, insurance, research, legal, strategic advice, auditing, computer or other business services;
- your representatives, service providers, or other organisations, such as your accountant, solicitor, tax agent, stockbroker or bank;
- organisations involved in a business restructure or a transfer of all or part of the assets of our business; and
- government authorities and other organisations when required by law.
Consent to marketing activity
We presume you consent to being contacted by us about suitable products and services via the contact details you have provided. We may continue to contact you for these reasons until you withdraw your consent. You can do this at any time by contacting us.
Gaining access to your personal information
Correcting your Information