Everyone is unique, so you deserve a unique financial plan.
The optimal strategy for you and your family will depend on your current situation, your short-term and long-term objectives, your investment time-frame, your financial resources and your appetite for risk. We’ll help you explore the options and create a holistic strategy structured around your individual goals.
A holistic approach
Your investments are only one part of your life — but they can be the key to unlocking the lifestyle you want to achieve. By considering your finances as one part of a bigger picture, rather than an end in themselves, we can help you create a lifestyle you can enjoy both now and in the future.
To achieve that, we follow a disciplined wealth planning process, designed to unlock your financial potential.
Whether your aim is to build wealth for retirement, maximise the value of your business, or leave a lasting legacy to your family, understanding your goals is an essential first step. We begin by exploring your lifestyle aspirations in detail, helping you to create concrete and measurable objectives to act as the centrepiece of your plan.
We’ll also clearly outline our services and our fees, so you’ll know upfront what our advice will cost and what you’ll receive in return.
Once we know where you want to be in life, we’ll develop a strategy designed to help you get there. First, we’ll review your existing investments to ensure they support your goals, identifying any gaps and emerging risks that could impact performance. Then we’ll create an ongoing strategy to maximise your financial potential and protect the lifestyle you have worked so hard to build.
We’ll document our suggested approach in a detailed Statement of Advice, setting out your investment, superannuation and wealth protection options, and bringing your financial strategy to life.
When you’re happy with your financial plan, we can help you execute it, building and managing your portfolio of wealth creation and protection solutions. In doing so, we work in close collaboration with you and other professional advisers, like your accountant, to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We’ll meet with you regularly to advise you on your progress and keep you informed about new opportunities, emerging risks and regulatory changes. So you can relax and enjoy life, confident that your financial future is in good hands.
Wealth creation strategies
Here are some of the wealth creation strategies we may help you explore, depending on your needs.
- Strategic asset allocation Asset allocation is the key to achieving the right balance between risk and return. We’ll help you create a truly diversified portfolio that harnesses the growth potential of asset classes like shares and property, while avoiding excessive risk.
- Risk management strategies Depending on your situation, we may recommend a range of defensive strategies to control specific exposures or reduce overall portfolio risk, including hedging solutions, liquidity strategies, and investments with built-in capital protection.
- Super and SMSFs With its built-in tax advantages, super is a powerful vehicle for long-term wealth creation, so it’s important to make the most of it. We can help you take advantage of the benefits super has to offer, while navigating an increasingly complex regulatory landscape. If you are looking for greater investment choice and control, a self-managed super fund (SMSF) can be an attractive choice. We’ll help you manage the complexities of setting up and administering your own fund, developing a personalised investment strategy that maximises your opportunities while keeping risk under control.
- Direct equities With the right advice, Australian and international shares remain an outstanding tool for long-term wealth creation. But in a volatile market, it also takes careful planning to minimise risk. Drawing on Godfrey Pembroke’s extensive research capabilities, we’ll help you create a portfolio tailored to your individual wealth management objectives.
- Tax-effective investing The Australian tax system is enormously complex, creating both legitimate tax minimisation opportunities and pitfalls for the unwary. We can help you explore a range of tax-effective investment options, from geared investments to salary packaging and trust structures.