You’ve dedicated years to building a successful business with the potential to create significant wealth for you and your family, now and in the future. But it takes careful planning to make the most of that potential and unlock the value you’ve worked so hard to create.
At Godfrey Pembroke, we can help you invest the income that your business produces now, and plan ahead to maximise value in the future.
Here are some of the ways we can help you realise its potential:
- Business structures. The business structure you choose determines how you can distribute profits to partners and family members, how much tax you pay, and your level of personal exposure to debts and other business liabilities. It also determines your options when you want to leave your business and transfer ownership to a new team. We can help you identify and create the optimal business structure, with a holistic plan for your business and personal finances.
- Business succession planning. When the time comes to leave your business, it takes careful planning to maximise the value of your investment and ensure a smooth transition. You also need to consider how you would fund a buyout if you or a business partner needed to leave the business unexpectedly due to ill health or even death. We can help you establish a robust and well-funded succession plan for today, then explore paths for unlocking wealth in the future — from a private equity investment to an Initial Public Offering.
- Key person insurance. Without the unique skills that your business partners and key employees bring to the table, you could struggle to maintain revenues, meet overheads and cover business debts. Key person insurance can provide vital protection for you and your business, as well as providing funds for a buyout if you or a partner becomes incapacitated or dies unexpectedly.
- Asset protection insurance. Asset protection can provide your business with enough cash to preserve its asset base so it can repay debts, free up cash flow and maintain its credit standing if a business owner or loan guarantor dies or becomes disabled. It can also release personal guarantees secured by the business owner’s assets.
- Revenue protection insurance. Revenue protection can provide your business with cash to compensate for the loss of revenue and costs of replacing a key employee or business owner should they die or become disabled.
- Ownership protection insurance. Ownership protection can provide the continuing owners, or their nominees, with sufficient cash for the transfer of the outgoing owner’s equity to the continuing owners, should a business owner die, become disabled, or suffer a critical illness.
Employee super and advice
Without expert support, managing employee super can be both time-consuming and expensive, distracting key administrative staff from core business activities. We can take care of the complexities of employee super administration, helping you reduce administrative overheads and focus on the tasks that really matter.
By engaging us as your employee super partner, your staff will also enjoy the benefit of authoritative financial advice, including seminars, resources and personalised advice designed to help them prepare for a secure retirement. This provides a valuable employee incentive to help you attract and retain highly qualified staff.